Thursday, September 30, 2010

Should have put a ring on it


images 2 & 3

Ever since a young age I've loved big rings, I think it came from watching Friends & admiring Phoebe's ring clad hands, I just loved the chunkiness & exaggeration. So when seeing photographs of what could be knuckle duster rings on every finger I was reminded of my love for cluttered hands. I feel naked if I don't wear my Vivienne Westwood ring, it's chunky enough & stands out but I want more & I want to wear them all together, a la Phoebe Buffay but a little less ditzy & a little more rock-esque. Whilst lusting over the fashion on this blog (which I wouldn't have know about if it wasn't for this post on Katie's blog) I came across cocoo.se, a brilliant jewellery site with the most amazing rings I've seen. The site is currently making an english version so unless you know Swedish it's a little hard to navigate & understand, but I think a purchase from here is well needed....very very soon.


10 comments:

Kim Parslow said...

I'm literally addicted to buying rings at the moment, in fact I've bought four this week! They are the ultimate accessory to any outfit, and I also love the cluttered look, although I tend to only wear two at a time. Those photos are great, would love to see some of your collection of rings :) x

www.sweetmondayblog.blogspot.com

That Girl said...

I LOVE big rings, the chunkier the better!

Holly said...

i love rings however i hardly have any, primark does some great ones! i'm definitely going to check out that website (:,xxx

maddie said...

Totes agree. So addicted to rings right now! Do you have a photo/link to photo of your Viv W? For drooling purposes, you understand? xxx

Maddie

Peachykeen said...

Kim - four! haha, that is a love for rings! I don't really have a big collection, most of it is just cheapy stuff from topshop. xx


maddie I linked it to a stock photo of my viv ring :) the link is in the text. xx

Katie S said...

Glad you liked the style post and thanks for the link!!
Love the look of the rings!! XX

Rorie said...

Big chunky rings are my favorite!!!


Rorie♥
http://imperfectobsession.blogspot.com/

Emma (Scrapbook de la Emma) said...

Ahh Phoebe and her rings. I always loved them too, such a fun character. I have a nice collection of rings now but I still buy more almost each week, theyre so fun.

http://sunshinelollipopsblog.blogspot.com
Scrapbook de la Emma

Vicki said...

LOVE this pic of ashley olsen!must say i have an obsession with big rings too :) x

Cait said...

i love chunky rings!